Sunday, January 18, 2009

Change of theme and re-organizing posts

On the drawings blog, I have applied the layout that you had seen on the layout testing blog. I have fixed some links that point to the old URL links that are now broken.

As for the posts, I have changed the date stamp of the posts to reflect the date and (if available) time they are created. Due to this, dates at the post title are now removed as they are now redundant. Links to those posts, however, remains unchanged. For example, posts (up to v0054) such as v0051 was originally dated on 2 January 2009, but since the drawing was first completed earlier, on 30 December 2008, the date has been changed accordingly. In the URL, however, it's still:
The parts in bold are the ones that should have changed. I could have created a new one to replace this, but it may get confusing in the progress and posts linking to it could become broken.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Changes on the way my drawings are displayed

Seeing that my drawings are getting even more messier as they increase, I have decided to remove most of the thumbnails of my drawings that appear at the very bottom of my main and anime blogs of both language versions. In the case of the japanese anime blog, it's at the bottom of the sidebar. Now, only the best and the most recent ones are displayed. The large image featuring the most recent vector remains unchanged.

I have, however, created a smillar one at the drawings blog that still display all the drawings I made since July 2008 and some from earlier, on top of the fact that the blog itself are of my drawings. The code for it was copied over from the main English blog before making the changes, and the positioning has been modified to look smillar to the japanese anime blog. Since it's copied from there, you would be able to see my comments for it if you hover over the image for a while.

Speaking of the drawings blog, I am planning to change the layout theme there as the current one looked rather plain. Previously, I wanted to apply it to the main blog instead, but I found the existing layout too nice to change (apart from the title image).

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

blog for testing layouts created

I have created a new blog dedicated just to accommodate testing of layouts. Previously, this would happen on the technology blog, but that would also mean interfering on the seriousness of it and, at times, fanciful colours, fonts and images would make it harder to read.

What you are seeing now is the result of using the same code as what I use on my main blog around April-August of last year.

Right now, I'm modifying it to use it there for the Spring season starting from around March/April. Why I'm doing this is that I normally change the layout every 3 months, according to the seasons since the latter part of summer (around September). During the recent few months however, I noticed that the number of viewers has increased. The current main blog layout is getting buggy with that quote icon appearing on an external link which would have a preview if hovered over. Also, there is also a persistent problem of having a pop-up (or under) when entering, which I can't seem to find it with all that lengthy code that makes up this blog (not counting posts and contents of visible widgets). I don't know how it happened, but it didn't appear on any of my other blogs.

I will be adding the current version of the navigation menu as part of the blog layout. I know that it's redundant to the widget version. Speaking of widgets, I won't be adding the contents except the ones that comes with the layout since they are very vulnerable to being deleted in the process. So, in order to visit my other blogs, you either have to enter the URL, click on links via my profile, or as part of the layout and hope that the link is not outdated.

I also plan to change the font to outside the "Arial, Terbuchet MS, Times New Roman, Tahoma, Verdana" font (typeface) range. I also plan to change the English Anime blog layout, smillar to the Japanese version. Previously, the latter was supposed to had the layout of the former, but due to numerous problems, I replaced it with a modified version of the main blog layout.