Sunday, July 20, 2008

Made slight changes to profile layout

I have upgraded the layout of the Japanese version to the newer Blogger layout to match the English version. On top of that, I have removed the background image of the post and sidebar widget and replaced it with a solid colour. The font size of the header has increased (even larger for the Japanese version) and has been un-bold. Replacing the RSS link is a smilar one currently only found on Blogger Draft. Alternatively, you can also lookout for the RSS logo that appears in your browser (it's normally absent or greyed-out if there are none).

The HTML of the layout had to be modified from one of the original Blogger layouts (Sand Dollar). Examples include changing of colours, adding background images, adding of the list of fonts used for this blog (like Segore UI) and creating new colour allocation areas that wasn't included in the original.

I had created a Malay language version, but deleted shortly afterwards. My command in that language is very poor compared to other languages and I want to replace what I have known about it with Japanese and English. The freakingly long sentences like "Pintu Kechemasan" (Emergency Exit) and compare it with just "非常口" in Japanese. I just don't want to blog in a language that I want to forget.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ancient website front page updated

I have made some changes to the index page of my website that predates my earliest blog post (here actually) by several years.

  • increased the width of the page from 800px to 1000px.
  • added image background
  • rearrangement of page elements
  • added links to my blogs
  • modified info at the bottom
  • deleted links to Neopets pages and
I currently have no plans to make changes to the other pages. However, I am thinking of putting up something relating to anime that I had watched since 2006. I'm going to use a HTML template from "somewhere" instead of the outdated and user-unfriendly page editor that came with it.

As the capacity has a total of 15MB (compared with todays 1GB), images are mostly to be hosted off-site like photobucket.

Of course, I can't gurantee that I would actually do that with my time commitments to other things.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

myspace updates

I'm currently making some changes at MySpace as I haven't been logging into it since February (5 months ago).

For now, I shall only change the display image, anime watch list, and maybe the background image too (the ones you see now are either unchanged for months or are previously used elsewhere). Other changes will come sometime after MySpace have done their major revamp.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Constructing a new blog

Technically, it's not a new blog. It replaces "Archives of the School Papers". No point letting it rot but create a new one from scratch.

The current template is of the classic type previously used here, so to modify stuff, I have to go to the lengthy HTML layout. I currently have no clear idea on how the blog will turn out though.

Unlike the English and Japanese anime blogs (or Yukari's), the blog's post will not have any direct translation of what appears on the main blog (and vice versa) which will appear randomly. I don't want to be preassured on doing both to the point that I don't post anything at all.

As the URL of that blog will most probably change somewhere along the way, I shall not bother linking to it here. Just look out for the Japanese name of this blog listed in my blogger profile or click on the old link under the old name and hope it's still there.